Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nostalgia...a homage to my school RKC

So strange is the human nature - we tend to miss things when they are gone but only when we realize they are gone. There was the annual prize giving function at my school and for the first time i'm feeling sad in considering it as my 'previous' institution. I went to the school, met with quite many school friends which had luckily returned at this time, went to the same stage which happily used to bear us all on top of it, received two prizes, met with the teachers, with many juniors and the mess, security and service staff, went for the cultural programmes held in the night, had a quasi batch reunion, climbed to the top of the hall and joined the juniors as they danced to the bhangra performance in the end and then it all seemed to be coming back to me - the school days, the tension free days of fun, enjoyment and excitement; when every single activity or even the foresights of such activities used to bring a current of joyous excitement, when we used to play cricket on the eves and afternoons of holidays, when successfully planning out a movie was no less than an achievement, when the curriculum studded with dramatics, football, cricket, athletics, debates and the regular studies was entertaining in itself! The daily altercations with the security guards at the gate on coming late and somehow managing to sneak in, exclusively attending half empty, half bunked classes, daily fall-ins, mess food, multi tasking at the multi purpose 'drinking water' place, tuitions and the thing common in all of these - friends! I'll be missing all of these so very badly!

There was something special about letting loose while dancing with friends - the lack of tension and the secured feeling of being together. Somehow I didn't feel the same vibes as i used to feel when we used to dance, the same vibes and hair raising excitement which i used to feel when my name was mentioned in the principal's speech and just as I started entering into my elements while enjoying the function, a constant self restraining force kept reminding me that it was all gone now, no more the same life which i had for 6 unforgettable years in rkc. Probably I don't want to grow up and I'm reminded of it time and again when I'm termed as a 'kid' (till now i used to think it was only in the college but now i know, it has spread everywhere)!

I remember when I had returned from Hyderabad after the 1st sem, I was chided by one of my friends when I bluntly replied to her simple question by telling that I was quite happy in college and strangely though, but did not miss rkc or friends back home or anything in the ejusdem generis! Probably nalsar is indeed such a place but now I realize that I had never before realized that the school and that life will not be there for me anymore. Just that now when I expect much more independence, I seem to want a bit of restrain too. Newton's law of inertia very aptly applies in real life as well, we do tend to resist changes but when by force the change occurs and stops we again feel the same comfort.

Now, when I know that I'll be going back to the college in a few days and especially after a hopeless first semester, will have much more work to do, I stubbornly and badly feel like reliving the school days but only when I realize that I can't, it makes me miss it more! Anyway, knowing the futility and non-feasibility of such wants and demands I try to take pride in at least being a successful product of the school and look forward to the second semester in the college and hope that it may be as fruitful and enjoyable, if not more, than what school was!

1 comment:

Abh said...

Gabbu really man me 2 missing it like hell and after reading ur blog , u hv left me with tears in my eyes